Saturday, November 16, 2013

Always in our Hearts



Today marks the two year anniversary of your passing. I cannot believe that it has already been two years since we've lost you. The memories and thoughts from that night have clouded my mind all day. 

Two years ago, I lost a friend through an on campus accident that was fatal. We were at dance practice when Jane decided to take a walk and grab food for myself and a fellow friend. There was an unsettling feeling when she didn't return at a decent time and even though we had called her, there were still no responses. What scared me the most was that I was receiving text messages and twitter updates about a student that had been hit by a bus and killed. After finding out that news, exec members from Visual Distortions rushed around campus frantically trying to find her. It was chaos and confusion. Our night led us to the hospital where we waited until 4am for confirmation if it was her or not. The feelings and thoughts that rushed through my mind when it was confirmed that our Jane was the one that was hit, I could not explain it to you. 

She was a bright and beautiful soul. Her presence was a blessing. To find words to describe the aura that she had would be impossible. Jane was a caring and loving individual that would exude passion and kindness. My fondest memory of her, was being able to share similar life situations and learning from one another. One of the last text messages she had sent me just hours before was that she was excited to see what the future held for both of us. Losing a close friend in college has taught me so much about myself and about how I want to carry out my life. Losing Jane has taught me to never take a single person for granted... because in reality you never know if that is the last time you will be seeing them. Jane taught me to love whole heartedly and not be scared - that there is no other way to live life than to live it passionately. 

Jane, my friend, my tumblr partner and my angel... today marks another year that you are not here with us. You continue to be an inspiration to everyone who you've ever met. I continue to dance for you - because I know you'd be killing it if you were here. I say this every single time, but, come home. You are always, and forever will be, in my heart.

Jane Hwang
RIP 11/15/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment