Monday, October 28, 2013

Autumn Adventures


This past weekend, my Love Pumpkin, Vicki came down to hang out! We hadn't seen each other in about a month, so it was so much fun to hang out and be able to catch up. On Sunday, we ventured out to Back Home on the Farm, which is a local pumpkin patch that was only 10minutes away from my house! How convenient! They have a wide selection of activities to do there, from the pumpkin patch, the cornmaze, pig races, food and games overall. This was the first time that Vicki and I had been to a pumpkin patch in a long time... and the weather on Sunday was beautiful! I'm talking about sunny skies, light breeze and warm! Usually, Harrisonburg weather tends to be a bit confusing but Sunday was perfect. 

We arrived at Back Home on the Farm, and admission tickets were only $8 with re-entry. Their pumpkins are a bit pricier since they sell them for 50cents a pound. They had some really great selections and it was fun to have all the different options that they offered. We were both too scared to actually go through the cornmaze, but we ended up having lunch there and enjoying the scenery (: 


After picking out our pumpkins, we came back to my house and sat outside munching on chocolate chip cookies, listening to music and carving. Carving a pumpkin is a lot more difficult than I had anticipated. Gutting our pumpkins grossed us out a bit, lots of pumpkin guts are all over my porch right now... haha oops! 



i am obsessed with this picture of Vicki and I! 




Above is the pumpkin that I carved. I'm really proud of the way it turned out, especially because I free handed it! It's supposed to be a sugar skull. I'm excited to light them up for our Halloween party this weekend! (: Hooray!





The rest of our day ended up being filled with great company and spontaneous plans! Gim J and Miguel stopped by so we ended up going out to eat at the local Thai restaurant that our friend Mel works at. Miguel, Gim J and Christina came over afterwards and started carving their own pumpkins. They all turned out so great! I think this is going to have to be an annual tradition from now on. I really want to look for some different things that I can do with all the pumpkin guts we have and all of the seeds. I know I can definitely toast the pumpkin seeds for a healthy snack and possibly make pumpkin bread or pumpkin chocolate cookies... YUM. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Happy Early Halloween! (:
With Love,
Cassandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment