Friday, August 16, 2013

JMiloveU - Junior Year

For the last installment of my walk or jog through memory lane, here are pictures from my junior year (: I want to be able to write a little bit, but there was a lot going on last year that I don't even know if i can capture everything i learned or was feeling. Don't worry, i'll add some blurbs though!



I made it onto Mozaic Dance Team! (: as alluded to before on my sophomore year post. this was one of the biggest accomplishments for me! Oh, check out the entire team - i'd say we're pretty attractive. That's me in the far left corner (lol in the dark...)


became super close to Perry, who is now my best fwend (: we go way way way back... like 8 years haha it's funny to think about how we first met each other. that's a story i will save for later! but we traveled together, took workshops together, danced together, and he has helped me and pushed me to become a better dancer. sure, he annoys me sometimes... but he's really like a little brother. we even took a new york trip together over spring break! and surprisingly, it snowed... 



VISUAL DISTORTIONS DANCE CREW! This was our group of Coalescence performers... DO YOU SEE HOW BIG WE'VE GOTTEN?! We have about 100 something people in the facebook group and a regular attendance of 30+ people coming to weekly workshops. they are some of my family away from family at JMU. The group of people we have coming out to Visual Distortions is amazing, they're all so eager and hungry to learn as much as possible.


LFTS - living for the summer (aka RECS)
From left to right: Stephanie, Rachel and Euna
These three are some of my closest friends here at JMU. we all dance together, study together or lack there of (hehe) and are always here to listen to one another about any problem and be able to provide support and feedback and NO JUDGEMENT. we are always there to support one another. *rawrrr*


My VSA family grew! And i became a grandbig... who would've thought?! That makes me sound so old though. One of my littles, Kat, decided to get twins! So now our family is even bigger (: 
From left to right: Amber, Tuan, Me, Linzy, Perry, and Kat
I mean, you'd agree we are the best looking famiry (BLF ftw!)




~ PEACE TO DA ROBOTS ~
I celebrated my 21st birthday this year, with my birthday party theme being "Peace to da robots" which to me meant a hippie partied theme! I wanted everyone to come in dressed up Coachella-esque and kindof like Woodstock. This was the best birthday i've had here at JMU. The house was completely packed and everyone had a great time, even though we ran out of alcohol at midnight! But people stayed until 4am - whuuut. i eventually had to ask people to leave so i could get some rest! 


my themed event group (: This is my group for our senior project. Our theme is "Fire and Ice: Experience the Elements" (: We are a completely different group of girls, but i think that's what makes us work so well together. we may get into some spats here and there but we defended ourselves against our professors who thought we didn't have any idea what we were doing. I know that our themed dinner will be great, despite our slow start!
From left to right: Kara, Katrina, Trang, Chloe, Josie, me, and Shannon

As I'm writing this entire post out, i can't believe it's come time for my last year at JMU! It's really surreal... i have this weird feeling of excitement and sadness because once the school year starts, it really is the end of my college career at JMU. But why?! Onto senior year - and new beginnings! I'm excited for what this year has in store for me! 








No comments:

Post a Comment