Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Gratitude Challenge

A few days ago, I watched a video found on my friend's tumblr page about the greatest contributing factor to happiness. It was probably one of the most heartfelt videos I've watched, and trust me... I've watched plenty (especially wedding videos that left me bawling my eyes out wishing for a true love like that). But I digress; I felt as though this video is really appropriate since Thanksgiving is tomorrow in the United States. This is probably my favorite holiday because it is filled with lots of food and time with family! The two best combinations anyone could ask for! (: Anyways, before I explain this challenge I am inviting everyone to participate in, you'd have to watch the video to understand. Grab some tissues, you won't be sorry that you watched this.



Now, was I right that you needed tissues? Or am I just an emotional sap that cries over anything... please don't answer that because I probably already know! Here is my challenge to you, because it is Thanksgiving, and this is the perfect holiday to reflect on everything and any one that you are thankful for.

The Gratitude Challenge

Write a letter to someone that you are thankful for, or has inspired, motivated, or encouraged you a great deal. Like the video said, express your gratitude! (: Why not, right? I feel as though we live our lives saying things such as "appreciate more" but never really taking the time to express our appreciation. There are those in our lives, I'm sure, who are bending over backwards to provide all they can for you.. someone and I mean someone in your life really, absolutely, cares about you more than anything! How amazing and beautiful is that?! Take the time out of your day to write a small letter expressing your own gratitude and thankful-ness for them.

Part #2 of the challenge: give them the letter. You don't have to call them up and read it to them if that's a bit scary and tear inducing (because you already know I'd be crying). Email them the letter, send it to them in the mail (even better!!), or if you're seeing this person sometime soon, hide this note somewhere they'll find for later. A nice surprise letter expressing your gratitude and appreciation for this person (:

Like the video and study said, this is surely to make you feel a lot happier as well! Good luck everyone with this challenge, I'll be attempting to do the same thing as well. What are you thankful for this year?

With Love,
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment