Friday, July 19, 2013

Love Pumpkin Date

Today was spent sweating in the hot and humid weather that Virginia likes to offer and being eaten alive by mosquitos trying to be fashion bloggers. I seriously don't know how fashion bloggers can do it... going to beautiful landscaped areas and taking pictures when it's 90+ degrees outside?! And with all of the bugs?! I think I will pass next time! Anyways, my Love Pumpkin, Vicki, came over to play today! (: We decided to get dressed up and deemed today as a "maxi" day so we both wore maxi skirts and crop tops and decided to do a mini photoshoot in the woods behind my house. We recruited my sister to be our photographer and required her to dress up as well! 


Let's just say that today was definitely NOT the day to be going outside and trying to take artsy pictures and be fashion models. We are outside for possible 30 minutes and came back to my house sweating profusely (tmi - sorry, readers!). Our photos aren't all that wonderful, but it was still fun to be able to do a mini photoshoot with my Love Pumpkin and get dressed up to make ourselves look and feel great! Seriously, if you're ever in a sad mood - get dressed up. It definitely makes a difference! After our failed photoshoot, we ended up watching "The Call" on my laptop (not the best movie...) and had dinner and went to get ice cream. It was a nice way to spend my Thursday afternoon and evening catching up and hanging out wiff mah soulmate! Below are our uh... photoshoot pictures... please don't laugh. If you know both Vicki and I, you'd know we are both too dang awkward to try to model so we did the  best we could! As you can tell, my sister decided she'd take a few selfies in between our shots. Typical! I hope everyone else enjoyed their Thursday!

P.S. I have definitely been on a blogging hiatus and I apologize! The past week has been a roller coaster of emotion and self growth (in a week, i know... but it's possible!) A lot has changed, and taking a break from blogging definitely helped to clear my mind. But I am back now and am really excited to get more serious about blogging and the content that I am choosing to publish! Any tips, fellow bloggers?

With Love, Cassandra 

Thatianna - she wouldn't let us photograph her, but selfies?!  


seestah



i think this is my favorite picture
My Outfit - Top: store in Georgetown / Skirt: Marshall's / Sandals: Steve Madden / Earrings: World Market (gift from my sister!)

Vicki's Outfit - Top: PacSun / Skirt: Packsun / Sandals: H&M

Thatianna's Outfit - Dress: Marshall's / Belt: Charlotte Russe (mine!) / Sandals: Rumors Boutique (mine!) / Flower Crown: mine... a gift from friends / Earrings: mine (she likes to borrow my clothes)

No comments:

Post a Comment